- Outskirts Reporting: Community Journalism Masterclass. Multicultural NSW, through its online project The Point Magazine, has teamed up with FBi’s current affairs program Backchat, ABC journalists, and BYDS’ “Mapping Frictions:
Stories from Western Sydney”, to present ‘Outskirts Reporting: A Masterclass in Community Journalism’.
- Sydney Writer’s Festival panel discussions on digital storytelling and grassroots storytelling
- The Walkley Foundation’s Festival of Media Storyology conference. Power Talk Sessions on ‘The new story paradigm’.
- Young Media Makers Forum. An Interactive panel discussion looking at how we can include community voices and multicultural concerns in the media. With the Guardian (Australia), SBS. Held by GetSmart and Multicultural NSW’s The Point.
- Digital storytelling workshops on place and blogging with Bankstown Public School run with Westwords
- What's Up West: Youth Conference' held at University of Western Sydney (UWS). Held workshops on 'photography + place' looking at how to create real, lasting change, starting from the ground up, with practical skills along with workshops from Amnesty International (Australia) and Youth Without Borders.